Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hello blog friends...I havent been doing much crafting this week as I have been busy with other things, I have been spring cleaning my craft room, but now its all tidy I dont want to mess it up by making cards in there lol.... also over the bank holiday weekend we were working in the garden as we are building a raised bed at the rear of the garden to grow vegetables and salad stuff in, cant wait till its finished and we can get onto the growing stage!!




So as I havent done any cards for challenges yet (notice I said YET) lol .....I thought I would put some cards that I had to hold back as they are for my FIL and I didnt want to spoil the suprise for him, see if you can guess how old he is


I did two cards for him as I wanted to do a "special" one and I did put a jokey verse in this one, its a verse that Brian came up with and it goes like this....

70 yrs have passed you by
Think back on  the good times you’ve had
But when you look in the morning mirror
Doesn’t it make you mad
To see those lines across your brow
All deep and crisp and jagged
Happy 70th birthday old man
My god you’re looking haggered ! ! !







So now you know why I needed a sentimental one as well lol
Here is the other card







Its a "framin" card from La Pashe and as he loves to potter in the potting shed it was ideal for him

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look

2 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

They are both fab hun...tell Bri I love the verse its great..

hugs Shell xx

kath Teabelly said...

Lovely Cards Cal
and I Love The verse
Brian`s Dad Will Love Them
Love Kathteabelly x x x